Sunday, March 11, 2012

This Weeks Article Round-Up

Here are the articles I read this week that I found very interesting:

My Walk Away Number

This arcticle discusses different women, at different ages, and different jobs, and what their walk away number would be.  Meaning, how much money it would take for them to quit their jobs and do as they wish.  It was interesting how different the numbers were.  Some women were fine having just enough to get the bills paid.  Others wanted more for personal reasons.

This article got me thinking about my own walk away number.  I think I would be fine with $75,000.  This way I could quit my job and still have some money to have fun with once the bills were paid.  I mean the whole point of quitting your day job is to do what you wish.  And all the things I wish to do cost money.

I also realized this would put me into a good position to really focus on my blog and hopefully build some revenue.  I mean a walk away number is good to have, but eventually you would run out of money, and then what?  I would want to make sure my time was spent generating income in different areas.  And, since I am enjoying this blog of mine so much, I would definitely want to put more energy into making it profitable for me.

How to Start Saving More Money Today

I just thought some of the ideas in this article were really good.  And, for the most part, pretty much common sense.  I guess, for me, it was one of those things I needed to be told before I could have my 'duh' moment.

The first two ideas were probaly my favorite: Have multiple streams of income and use cash.

I am definitely working on building the multiple streams of income.  I have plenty of good ideas of how to make this happen but, first things first.  I really want to eliminate my debt before I start to invest in other areas for income.  It usually takes money to make money and I really want to be in a position where investing in something won't ruin me.  Hopefully in a year or two I will have a better grip on this.

Now using cash is a great idea to save money.  And yes, I have heard of this before.  But do I do it?  Hardly.  By using cash you become more aware of what you are spending and how much money you have.  I've said it a million times before, but I really think I need to put this idea into action.  See how much money I can save.

28 Acts of Kindness

Now this article wasn't really money related but I really like the idea.  Makes me want to do something similar.  It's always nice doing for others and I really need to make it a point to show acts of kindness more often.  I can get so caught up in my day to day routine, that reaching out to others can slip my mind.  But I think if I make a plan, like this mom did, I can really help others and experience some emotional benefits as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment