Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Hubby Rocks!!

Hopefully all of you married gals out there think the same way about your husbands!!  But honestly mine is freaking AWESOME!!!  He has been cranking it up at work and we are looking at paying off one of our credit cards by the end of the month...fingers crossed everything goes as planned!!

I am really lucky that my husband and I agree whole heartedly on how our finances work out each month.  It is pretty common knowledge that money troubles are the number one reasons why marriages fall apart.  And, I know the heartache it can cause first hand because I lived it with my own parents.

Because my parents have always struggled with keeping their finances in order and living within their means, it has been very important to me that my husband and I are completely honest with each other when it comes to money.  There is not a single purchase I make that he does not know about.  And the same thing goes for his spending.  We each have access to each others bank accounts and savings accounts.  We pay the bills together and we even plan out what we are going to do with our extra money at the end of each month.  Which really goes towards all of our debt since we are both on a mission to becoming debt free.

So needless to say, we rarely get to do anything super fun!  I mean just going to the movies can easily rack up a $50 bill with tickets and refreshments!!  Its so hard to justify paying that much for a few hours when we know it could help pay down one of our credit cards.  But, I think its very important to have a little fun in your life...especially with the love of your life!  You just have to get a little creative in order to maintain your budget!

Well, I am probably the least creative person on this earth!  So I usually resort to googling things and doing a little research on the internet.  And, that's what I did.  I found this article on the internet and thought it had some fabulous date night ideas:

My top 5 picks are:
1. Be a tourist in your own city
2. 20 Questions
3. Breakin Records
4. Take a factory tour
5. Make indoor smores and share campfire stories

There were many more ideas that I love but I'm definitely going to plan these first!  It's so great having a husband who has the same views on money, spending, and saving as I do.  I really think it helps to strengthen our relationship.  It gives us an opportunity to talk and plan together.  Not only about the present but also our future.  We have a plan for our future home, kids, and retirement...all of which requires us to be financially sound. 

My husband has been so supportive and hard working when it comes to eliminating our debt and getting our finances in order.  It will be so much fun to share these cheap date ideas with him and show him how much I appreciate everything he does in helping to secure our financial future.  It's always good to reward your hard work and effort, and the hardwork of those you love.  But, it's also important to play within your means and not break the bank just to have a little fun! 

My husband and I deserve some fun in our lives with all of the hard work we do, and these 50 ideas will help us have fun without going broke!

No comments:

Post a Comment